Solid teaching for generations
THE PROJECT GOAL:
- To create an archive of the teaching from sound
minds who have served the Kingdom through their efforts in the college
classroom. The archive is of course only of value if it is available
and used by Bible students who want to grow in their understanding about the
knowledge of God. This service is therefore available to anyone, but
especially geared toward the Sunday school teachers who will then share the
knowledge with their students.
We have a very high standard for the content of
All of our instructors are either retired professors of
Biblical studies who have recorded their lectures for this achieve or were
actively teaching when their classes were recorded live.
Every instructor for Sound Bible Study must be a devout New Testament
Christian, and must:
- Accept the full and final inspiration of the Bible to the extent that it
is to him or her the infallible Word of God, and therefore the
all-sufficient rule of faith and life.
- Accept the deity and supreme authority of Jesus Christ
- Accept the biblical account of creation.
- Accept the divine origin and character of the Church.
- Accept the truth of the virgin birth of Christ.
- Accept the truth of the bodily resurrection from the dead.
- Accept the truth of the reality of final judgment and heaven and hell as
taught in the Bible.
To perpetuate sound doctrine and non-sectarian teaching, the Bible shall be
taught as a textbook, and all work and study shall be conducted in harmony with
the spirit and letter of the Word of God.
The teaching available on the Sound Bible Study shall be:
- Free from denominational statements, standards or practices.
- Free from translation limitations – No study shall be tied directly to
single translation. No paraphrases of the scriptures shall be used for study
purposes. Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek references and explanations shall be
utilized as needed.
- Timeless instruction – references made to current news events or
personalities shall be minimal to remain focused on the text.
- Bible-Only instruction – Let the Bible speak for itself. No creeds or
theological structures shall be used as barriers to exegesis.
- Honest Hermeneutics – the rules of Biblical interpretation shall be
accurately and honestly applied to all scriptures without apology.
The eternal struggle between sin and righteousness make the scriptures to be
the story of Jesus Christ and His place in that battle. All biblical study of
either the old or new testament shall recognize the centrality of Christ and the
preeminence of the ministry of reconciliation.
Typology shall be applied honestly, if the text clearly calls for the
Your financial support allows Sound Bible Study.com to stay operational
on the internet and continue to collect and archive these lectures.
If you know of a sound biblical scholar who would be
willing to participate in this project please have them contact email@example.com